||Acronis Disk Director – a new version of the functional product for managing disks. If you need the maximum disk performance and data security, this package offers the best tools for creating, resizing, moving and combining partitions without losing data. Acronis Disk Director 12 offers powerful new features – support for Windows 8, support for dynamic and GPT-disk allocation volumes across multiple drives, and support for WinPE 4.0 WinPE 5.0, support for UEFI-based machines, and more.
• Creation of basic and dynamic volumes. A handy wizard volumes has been improved to support dynamic volumes creation. Now, in addition to basic volumes in Acronis Disk Director to easily create dynamic volumes, which allows:
Increase the volume size beyond the capacity of one disk, using a spanned volume
Reduce access time to files, by using a striped volume;
provide fault tolerance by using a mirrored volume *.
• Add, remove, or break mirrored volumes. Basic or simple volume fault-tolerant in just one action – by adding a mirror. If you need extra unallocated space on a disk that is one of the mirrors, remove a mirror. Break a mirrored volume to get two independent simple volumes with initially identical content.
• Copy or move a volume of one type as a volume of another type. When you copy or move a volume to change its type. For example, the contents of a mirrored volume can be copied to a spanned volume.
• Convert primary volumes to logical and vice versa. Convert a primary volume to logical to create a fifth volume on a disk that currently has four primary volumes.
• Convert basic disks to dynamic and vice versa. Convert the existing basic disks to dynamic to achieve additional disk reliability for data storage.
• Convert GPT-disk drives in the MBR-and vice versa. Partition layout can be changed as desired.
• Importing foreign disks. Dynamic disks added from another machine accessible for the system.
• Changing a disk status: online to offline and vice versa. Change disk status to offline in order to protect it from unintentional use.
• Disk cloning. The wizard disk cloning can replace the old basic MBR-drive to a new one without reinstalling operating systems and applications. It transfers all data from the source disk to the target. The source disk volumes can be cloned to the target disk “as is”, or resized automatically with respect to the target disk size.
• management operations on disks and volumes. Below is listed a wide range of operations to manage disks and volumes.
Resize, move, copy, split and merge volumes without data loss or destruction.
Format volumes, assigning them labels and letters, and set volumes active.
Initialize newly added hard disks.
• Acronis Recovery Expert. It helps you to recover accidentally lost or deleted volumes on basic MBR-ROM.
• Bootable Media Acronis. Now you can create bootable media based both on WinPE, and Linux to use Acronis Disk Director on bare metal or outside of the operating system.
• Acronis Disk Editor. Professional tool to perform various actions on a hard disk.
• Journal. It allows you to view information about operations on disks and volumes, including reasons for failure, if they arise.