||ABBYY FineReader 12 is a software for text recognition, which converts document images and any types of PDF-files into editable electronic formats. The program detects and accurately restores the logical structure of the document in its electronic copy, allowing to forget about reprinting texts.
• Conservation of the total clearance. With the revolutionary technology of adaptive recognition ADRT®2.0 (Adaptive Document Recognition Technology) program accurately detects documents with complex formatting. The new version of ABBYY FineReader analyzes the document as a whole, while fully preserving its logical structure: TOC and hyperlinks, different levels header, page numbers, headers and footers, captions for pictures, as well as font styles, and headers.
• Ease of use. The program’s interface contains a window with sample scripts. For ease of use scenarios are divided into groups, saving settings made in the same window. The user selects the appropriate script for converting and one click gets edited copy of the document. If necessary, the user can identify the documents in the program step by step. To reduce the number of clicks and faster to work with program on the top panel handed down the basic steps: call window with sample scripts, click “Open” and “Save”, it helps minimize the time to search for the appropriate actions in the program menu.
• Mobile phone instead of the scanner. The new version supports all popular models of scanners and multifunction devices, as well as correctly recognizes texts pictures taken with a digital camera or camera phone. To process the images taken by camera phone, the program provides the following functions: correction of trapezoidal distortion, elimination of noise and blurring.
• Support for most world languages. ABBYY FineReader recognizes documents on 186 languages based on Cyrillic, Latin, Greek and Armenian alphabets, languages supported on the basis of hieroglyphic writing. The new version introduces a new recognition language – Korean, thus we continue to expand the list of non-alphabetic languages. For 39 languages, provides spell checking. The system successfully detects documents that combine text in two or more languages, including documents containing a “mixture” of alphabetic and hieroglyphic languages.
• Automatic language recognition. Using intelligent algorithms, ABBYY FineReader will automatically receive information about the languages in which the written document, and use it for recognition.
• Save to PDF and PDF / A formats. The program includes all options are saved in searchable PDF (text under image, text over image, only text and pictures, just pictures). The user can protect the created PDF-file with a password.
• Optimized for multi-core processors. An increasing number of computers equipped with dual or quad core processors. Intelligent algorithms ABBYY FineReader can effectively parallelize the various steps of processing the document (pre-processing image structure analysis, pattern recognition, synthesis document) and fully utilize all the power of machines with multicore processors.
• A computer with a clock speed of 1GHz or higher.
• Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® 8 / 8.1, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows Vista®, Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Server® 2012/2012 R2, Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and Microsoft Windows Server 2003. to work with localized interfaces, the operating system must provide the necessary language support.
• RAM: 1024 MB. For multicore processors must also 512MB of RAM for each additional processor core.
• Free disk space: 850 MB for typical installation and 850 MB for program operation.
• Video card and monitor with a resolution of at least 1280×1024 pixels.
• TWAIN- or WIA-compatible scanner.
• Keyboard, mouse or other pointing device.