||AVG Internet Security 2014 – a set of programs to protect your PC from dangerous objects and network threats. The program includes an expanded set of features: antivirus, anti-rootkit, firewall, email protection and personal data, the scanner web links. Blocks viruses, trojan, worms, spyware, and firewall to protect against network attacks. When using AVG Internet Security 2014 you will not have to worry about identity theft, spam and viruses. The new version officially supports the new operating system Windows 8.1.
Technology Search-Shield, which is a component of AVG Internet Security, works as a module in the following web browsers: Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. This technology scans each link generated by the most popular search services of the Internet: Google, Yahoo! and MSN.
At a time when the search engine is looking for links that are relevant to your query, LinkScanner component scans all output links. When scanning is displayed next to the link icon rotating (except for references to server Yahoo !, which is indicated with gray question mark). Please note that the process of scanning the links may take some time.
The main components of AVG Internet Security:
• Antivirus performs detection of viruses, worms and Trojans, as well as executable files and libraries in DLL, which can be potentially undesirable in the system. Anti-Virus also contains an internal virus database.
• Anti-Spyware protects your computer from all types of malware, such as spyware that collects data from the computer, and advertising programs.
• Anti-Rootkit scans for dangerous rootkits hidden in applications, disks, or the DLL. A rootkit is a package of malware that allows an attacker to gain access to the level of administration or to the entire network.
• Firewall defines rules to protect your computer from external attacks, mainly from the Internet, and managed (allow / restrict) connections on each network port. If the Firewall detects intrusion attempts, immediately blocks its components and does not allow an attacker to gain access to the computer.
• Anti-Spam checks all incoming email messages. mail and notes unwanted messages as spam. The component uses several methods of analysis, ensuring the highest possible level of protection.
• LinkScanner includes Active Surf-Shield and Search-Shield. Active Surf-Shield prevents accidental contamination from unwanted automatic downloads and other exploits, but also checks the security of visited web pages. Search-Shield works with search services, Google, Yahoo, Bing and others to provide opinions on the safety of all search results in real-time.
• E-mail Scanner checks incoming and outgoing email messages. mail using plug-ins designed for the most common e-mail clients. When a virus is detected moving in the repository of viruses.
• Identity Protection provides continuous protection of digital data from new and unknown threats. Identity Protection adds signatures based on the protection of AVG Internet Security by tracking the behavior of programs on your computer and automatic locking action, which can lead to identity theft, and does not require renewal.
• Web Shield protects your computer from accidentally downloaded an infected file, or infected files, obtained by instant messaging.
• Resident Shield scans files when they are copied, opened or saved. When a threat is detected prevents its activation. Also component provides important protection for the system areas of your computer.
• System Tools advanced settings for advanced users – contain information about processes, network connections, automatically starting applications, Internet Explorer extensions and Layered service provider on your computer.