||WinRAR – is at the moment one of the most versatile archivers. In addition, the program is able to work with ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE 2.0, BZIP, JAR, UUE, GZIP, BZIP2 and 7-Zip archives, while it has numerous and very useful features – encryption, support Continuous (solid) archives, in which the compression ratio can be 10 – 50% more than with conventional compression methods, a special algorithm for compressing multimedia files, support for multi-volume archives and many others.
* Full support for RAR and ZIP archives
* Using the original high-performance data compression algorithm
* The presence of a graphical shell with support for drag and drop technology (drag & drop)
* Ability to use the command line interface
* Management of archives of other formats (CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, TAR.GZ, BZ2, TAR.BZ2, ACE, UUE, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z)
* Support for continuous archiving for better compression
* Support for multi-volume archives
* Create self-extracting (SFX) regular and multi-volume archives using standard or optional SFX modules
* Ability to restore physically damaged archives
* Ability to create and use recovery volumes, allowing you to recreate the missing parts of multi-volume archives.
* Support for Unicode encoding in file names
* Additional functions (encryption of data and file names in the archive, adding archive comments, maintaining the error log)
* Using third-party design of the program interface in the form of separate themes