||Uniblue SystemTweaker – a versatile set of tools for fine tuning of Windows that will allow you to customize the OS to your liking. Windows can be a difficult operating system in order to configure, so it includes a plurality of predefined configurations that are difficult to adjust. From thin menu settings “Start” to quick and easy changes to network behavior SystemTweaker comes packed with more than fifty tweaks, all chosen, for what would make your work with Windows a little more comfortable.
• Deny access to remote administration of the floppy disk drive / disk drives CD-ROM: If remote access is enabled, other users on the network can access
to your data. For safety reasons, this access can be disabled.
• Multiple network adapters for load balancing: The uniform distribution of the network load across multiple network adapters, if any.
• Allow the print server notification messages: If this adjustment is enabled, any server notifications are displayed automatically in the form of pop-up messages
• Broadcast information on the network access to the new shared printer: If this adjustment is off, shared printers will not be available to other computers on the network.
• Hide the passwords for access to the file resources: If this adjustment is enabled, passwords for access to the file resources are displayed as asterisks.
• Block printer sharing (XP): This lock allows you to restrict the use of printers connected to your PC over the network.
• Disable file sharing (XP): If this adjustment is disabled, locked access shared files with other computers on the network.
• Hide my computer from the list of network browsers: Hides your computer from other users on your network.
• Allow remote access to the registry for all types of users: If this adjustment is enabled, access to your registry is open to all users.
• Show network error statistics: In the menu, the network connection status tab is added with additional statistics.
• Enable DVD features in Windows Media Player (XP): Enables Windows Media Player to open and play the DVD.
• Automatic start of the inserted CD-ROM with data / audio CD: If this adjustment is enabled, you are automatically inserted CD launch
• Enable faster access to media files with the extension AVI: Accelerates folder access through the movie with the extension AVI by blocking the download of unnecessary data.
Starting and Stopping the Windows system:
• Allow Windows password caching: If this adjustment is disabled, the user will have to enter your Windows password every time you try to access
• Allow downloading desktop runtime logon script: If this adjustment is enabled, the Windows desktop is loaded even before finalizing
• Clearing the paging file on every shutdown Windows: If this adjustment is enabled, the file used for virtual memory is deleted at shutdown.
• Suppress the default context menu in Windows Explorer: By default, the shortcut menu appears when you right-click on the desktop or in a window
• Windows Explorer. When this adjustment menu is not called.
• Add an option “Open with” in Windows Explorer menu: The “Open With” allows you to select a program to open certain files.
• Suppress context menu, right mouse button, the Windows task bar: Hides the menus that appear when you right-click on the taskbar.
• Add an option “Open a command prompt” in Windows Explorer menu: This adjustment adds to the context menu option “Open Command Prompt” for the directory,
in which you clicked the right mouse button to open the menu.
Windows Advanced Options:
• Automatic restart Windows when a blue screen error: Automatic restart Windows when it detects a critical system error.
• Suppress PC speaker audio signal in the event of system errors: If an error is detected the PC speaker emits a warning sound.
• This adjustment allows you to turn off the sound.
• Display more detailed information in the Windows Device Manager: Device Manager displays additional information in the section “Information” tab “Properties”.
• Launch Windows Desktop as a separate process (XP): Normally, Windows runs a single process for the Windows Desktop, Taskbar and all other explorer tasks. It means,
that in case of failure of the process all the other aforementioned problems will also be closed. If you run a Windows desktop in a separate process, it will increase its stability.
• Maintain the performance of programs to accomplish your printing jobs: This adjustment ensures that, for what would be the print jobs do not slow down the work programs, taking
too large a share of system resources.