||WinRAR – is currently one of the most universal archiver. In addition, the program is able to work with archives ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE 2.0, BZIP, JAR, UUE, GZIP, BZIP2 and 7-Zip, while it has many very useful features – encryption, support continuous (solid) archives, in which the compression ratio can be 10 – 50% more than the usual methods of special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, support of multivolume archives, and many others as well.
* Full support for RAR and ZIP archives
* Using the original high data compression algorithm
* Have graphical environment that supports drag and drop (drag & drop)
* Ability to use command line interface
* Manage archives of other formats (CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, TAR.GZ, BZ2, TAR.BZ2, ACE, UUE, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z)
* Support the method of continuous backup for better compression
* Support of multivolume archives
* Create self-extracting (SFX) conventional and multivolume archives with a standard or optional SFX modules
* Ability to recover physically damaged archives
* Ability to create and use of recovery volumes, allowing to reconstruct missing parts of multivolume archives.
* Support for Unicode encoding in filenames
* Additional functions (data encryption and file names in the archive, add comments archival, management protocol error)
* Use a third-party registration interface in the form of individual topics
Changes in version 5.21:
1. Parameters “context menu when dragging” in the “Settings / Integration / Context menus items” you can disable archiving WinRAR commands and retrieve the context menu that appears when you drag a file with the right mouse button.
2. If the folder with the installation program WinRAR has winrar.ini file, it is copied to the software WinRAR folder after installation.
3. Previous versions could create RAR5 volume slightly smaller than specified. Now it’s less likely – in most cases the size of the volume corresponds to the value specified by the user.
4. Now, when you remove the default WinRAR skips symbolic links with absolute paths on the target object reference. To enable the establishment of such links, use the “Enable absolute paths in symbolic links” page on the “Advanced” extraction dialog box or -ola key in the command line.
Such links pointing to the target folder is a folder extraction can pose a security risk. Allow retrieval, only if you are sure that the contents of the archive safely, for example, when you created the backup data.
5. Bugs fixed:
a) WinRAR 5.20 gave unnecessary accounts control request (UAC) when you run the executable file from the archive, located in a protected folder UAC. Because in such a situation in the folder with the file does not retrieved, the UAC request is not necessary;
b) WinRAR could overwrite files with the attribute “Read Only” only for RAR and ZIP archives when unpacking. Now this feature is implemented for other archive formats supported by WinRAR;
c) the wrong conclusions elapsed and remaining time for the command “Convert” in the processing of multiple files, and you enabled the “Add data to recover.”